We’re looking for volunteers to serve on the PTA Executive Board positions listed below, if you are interested in knowing more about these opportunities, email PTA President Isabel Simmerman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Oversees and coordinates the work of the executive board
- Presides at PTA executive board meetings and general PTA meetings
- Serves as the official contact, communicator, and representative of the PTA
- Works with other PTA leaders to connect families, school, and community to support student success
VP Activities & Programs – The one with all the fun!
- Organizes, promotes, and holds activities and programs, along with a committed group of great Glebe volunteers, like Rhyme & Cheese, Picture Day, Fall Potluck and Movie Night, Bookswap, Multicultural Night and many more great Glebe activities that we hope to see back from the 2021-2022 school year
VP Ways & Means – The one that brings the money!
- Organizes, promotes, and holds fundraising activities like Dining Nights Out and promotes free money fundraisers like Amazon Smile and Box Tops
Treasurer – The one that controls the money!
- Maintains permanent records to track funds and financial transactions
- Prepares annual budget for adoption by PTA
- Pays all PTA bills as authorized by PTA
- Keeps an accurate record of receipts and disbursements in a ledger
- Prepares reports for every PTA meeting and an annual financial report
- Ensures taxes and reports required by PTA bylaws, insurance, or federal and state governments are completed and submitted by the due dates
Recording Secretary – The one us keeps us straight!
- Takes minutes at PTA executive board meetings and general PTA meetings
- Maintains and preserves PTA records and important documents to pass on at the end of the term
- Handles PTA correspondence as directed by the president including thank you notes etc
Looking for less of a commitment? Consider volunteering at Glebe Elementary School – even a few hours helps. Anyone connected to our community – including parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, older siblings – can help make Glebe a fun learning place. PLEASE browse volunteer opportunities below and sign up. We need YOU!
FIRST, please LOG IN or REGISTER to use the volunteer sign-ups.
This is a list of some current volunteer needs. If you have pledged to volunteer, a list of your current signups will appear below on and on your account dashboard.
Just read the lists, click on any task, and you are signed up!
Also, we are in great need of ROOM PARENTS to help communicate with parents in their classrooms. Please let your teacher know if you are interested in this job, and please contact our 2020-21 Room Parent Coordinators, Kristen Hand (email) and Sari Greene (email), if you are possibly able to help and need more information.
Community Service Committee
Event Chair: Shelly Stoneman
Looking for ways to help out this coming school year? We are looking for some parents to join the Glebe Community Service committee!
Our Community Service Committee helps coordinate volunteer opportunities within the Glebe community. We’ve picked up trash at Bon Air park, coordinated Thanksgiving meals for Glebe families, arranged Holiday Stars to ensure all kids open a present during the holidays, and packed meals for Food for Others. During the COVID-19, we have been working with Glebe Giving to deliver meals and gift cards to our Glebe families in need.
Committee members help as they can, and it’s not a big time commitment.
If you’d like to join this inspiring committee, please sign up here!
Sign up below...
|#1: Courtney Johnson|
|#2: Gretchen Hickey|
|8 remaining: Please Login to Signup|