Volume 3 | CAPS Preseason Has Begun! Edition | September 18, 2018
Upcoming Events September 18th – October 1st
September 19th, 12:00 am: Glebe Theater Lottery Closes
September 20th, 8:00 pm: Enrichment Registration Closes
September 24th – 28th: Food Drive to Support AFAC
September 25th, 7:00 pm: Odyssey of the Mind Information Session
September 28th, 3:45 pm: Odyssey of the Mind Spontaneous Problem Solving
October 1st, 3:45 pm: Fall Enrichment Classes/Theater Rehearsals Begin
Glebe Theater Lottery Closes
September 19th, MIDNIGHT
Glebe Theater will hold its’ third production later this calendar year! For information regarding the theater program, please click here: https://www.glebepta.org/extras/glebe-theater/
Students interested in participating in the production must enter a lottery. The lottery will close September 19th at MIDNIGHT. To register for the lottery, you can sign up here:
Fall Enrichment Program
September 16th – 20th
The Fall Enrichment Program will close on Thursday, September 20th at 8:00 pm.
For dates of classes, please click here: https://www.glebepta.org/extras/after-school-enrichment/
For Course catalog and descriptions, please click here: https://www.glebepta.org/extras/after-school-enrichment/enrichment-catalog-fall-2018/
Questions, you can contact: email@example.com
Odyssey of the Mind Information Session / Spontaneous Problem Solving
September 25th, 7:00 pm: Glebe Library
The Odyssey of the Mind program will kick off with an information session on Tuesday, September 25th at 7:00 pm in the Glebe Library. Additionally, The Odyssey Team will be holding spontaneous problem solving sessions for students in 3rd – 5th grade, starting on Friday, September 25th at 3:45 in the Glebe Library. For information regarding the program, including kick off session dates for specific grades can be found here:
Glebe Nourishment Program
The Glebe Food Pantry operates on the goodwill of volunteers and your donation of food. All food donated to the pantry goes to Glebe families. In our experience, the following items are most needed:
- Cooking oil
- Bags of dried beans
- Maseca flour for tortilla
- Canned food or vegetables
- Dried pasta
- Jars of spaghetti sauce
- Peanut butter
- Jelly or jam
- Breakfast cereals
- Boxes of macaroni and cheese
- Gift cards to Safeway / Harris Teeter / Giant
The donations of items is ongoing – it is not a onetime collection. Please consider purchasing an extra item in your regular grocery shopping and donating it to the pantry. Donations can be placed in the basket in the Glebe Lobby.
Wanna relive the 80’s. Join fellow Glebers for a rockin’ blast to the past. We have 14 tickets left for the It’s a Glebe 80’s party @ the Legwarmers Concert, which is scheduled for Saturday, October 27th at 9PM at the State Theater in Falls Church. Get those Mado
nna outfits ready, dust off your Jordache jeans and join us for a fun night. Tickets are $100/person. If interested, email Erika Hartingh at firstname.lastname@example.org.
AFAC Food Drive
September 24 – 28th
September is National Hunger Action Month. Please bring in non-perishable canned goods (vegetables, fruit, tuna), cereals, peanut butter and jelly are needed. Please help us support Arlington Food Assistance Center (AFAC)!
- Fall Enrichment: Thank you to Jessica Burke, Christina Caretti, Beth Feldpush, Jacqueline Lotts and Lynda Ramirez-Blust for all your hard work pulling together the wonderful enrichment program and managing the registration process!
- Back to School Night: Thank you to Jamie Borg, Ingrid Clarke-Marshall, and the teachers and staff of Glebe for hosting the families at Back to School Night.
- Have Box Tops? You can turn these in to the collection box in the Front Lobby!
- Please consider bringing in food and toiletries for our Glebe Support initiative. Cart is in the Front Lobby!
- Have used crayons? Our broken, used crayons are being collected and re-purposed. Just drop them off in the main office collection bin or in your child’s classroom!
Need to Reach Us?
email us at: email@example.com