Volume 37 | CAPS are in the Stanley Cup! Edition | May 29, 2018
Upcoming Events May 29th – June 11th
May 30th: 5th Grade Math SOL
May 31st: 4th Grade Math SOL
May 31st: 5th Grade Evening Event
June 1st: Field Day!
June 5th: 4th Grade Social Studies SOL
June 5th, 6:30 – 9:30: Dining Night – Adults Only
June 6th, 1:26pm: Early Release Dismissal
June 6th, 7pm: PTA Meeting, Glebe Library
June 7th: 5th Grade Reading SOL
June 11th, 2:00 – 2:30pm: Rising Kindergarten Tour
June 1st, 8:50 am – 2:00 pm
The “dress code” for the day is shorts, t-shirts, and footwear that is appropriate for sports activities–NO sandals, crocs, flip-flops or hard-soled shoes, please. If possible, children should wear a shirt that helps to identify their team color. Water events are also included in field day (passing a wet sponge overhead, things like that), so we suggest sending your children with a bathing suit on (boys) or under their clothes (girls).
Remember to send your child in with:
- bathing suit
- sunscreen applied
- a filled water bottle
- healthy snack
- bag to wet items in
Questions? Contact Field Day Coordinator: email@example.com
Order Your Field Day Spiritwear!
Are you Team BLUE or Team WHITE? or a Volunteer? Make sure you & your child(ren) are ready & have their spiritwear ready to go for Field Day! Visit our Glebe Spiritwear Store Today: https://www.glebepta.org/store/
Adults Only Dining Night!
June 5th, 6:30 – 9:30 pm
Leave the kiddos at home and enjoy some adult conversation with a Dining Night just for Parents, Grandparents, Friends and Family of Glebe at Cheestique! Mention Glebe, and a portion of the proceeds will be donated to the PTA!
June 6th 7pm, Glebe Library
We will be having our last business meeting of the year on June 6th. We will have a copy of our current budget available as we do at every business meeting. Please come learn details of our budget and where your money goes to support our school and community.
On the agenda for the June meeting:
- voting on the 2018-2019 budget: We will be working on the budget for next year in the coming weeks. If you have ideas for projects / committees/ purchases / events that support PTA missions please, please, please contact me. We are always open to new ideas and if we have volunteers to spearhead them we can usually figure out funding.
- voting in several positions on the executive board: We are looking for someone to volunteer for Vice President External Affairs. We currently have parents who have volunteered to become Treasurer, Vice President Ways and Means and Recording Secretary, but this is an election so if you have any interest in serving on the board contact me (firstname.lastname@example.org) and I can give you more information. We have more information about each Executive Board position and their respective responsibilities as well as a list of many of our other volunteer positions our website (www.glebepta.org/about-us).
Please plan to join us, as there will be a lot of decision making taking place and we want to hear your opinions!!! As always, there will be babysitting for school aged children and Spanish translation.
Rising Kindergarten Tours
June 11th 2 – 2:30 pm
Do you have a rising kindergartener? If so, take this opportunity to have them meet the kindergarten teachers and Ms. Borg on Monday, June 11th! They be able to explore all the classrooms, parents can ask questions and they can meet fellow students! Please share with your neighbors and friends!
Not registered yet for kindergarten? No worries! Visit https://www.apsva.us/registering-your-child/ or visit the Glebe Main Office to get a copy of the registration packet. In addition to your packet you will need your child’s birth certificate, proof of residence, and child’s physical to complete registration. Questions, please call the Main Office at 703-228-6280.
Please turn in PTA reimbursement requests by Wednesday, June 13th. If you have any questions, you can contact Treasurer, Enjoli Goyal
Reimbursement information and the form can be found here: https://www.glebepta.org/volunteer/reimbursement/
School Kits Are Coming
I know it is hard to believe we are almost done with this school year, but it is also time to prepare for the next one!
Keep your eyes open for a communication that will soon be issued outlining how you can order School Kits for your child(ren) for the next school year as well as how to donate one to students to at Glebe who are in need.
- Have Box Tops? You can turn these in to the collection box in the Front Lobby!
- Please consider bringing in food for our FOOD NOURISHMENT initiative. Cart is in the Front Lobby!
- We will be collecting Toiletries as we expand our Food Nourishment initiative at Glebe. Please consider bringing in NEW shampoo, conditioner, hair products, toothbrushes, toothpaste, deodorant, razors (men and women), combs & brushes, feminine products, laundry detergent, body wash, etc. to assist those in need.
- Have used crayons? Our broken, used crayons are being collected and re-purposed. Just drop them off in the main office collection bin or in your child’s classroom!
Comment/Idea for the Gleagle News?
email us at: email@example.com