Volume 40 | Another Year in the Books – – Happy Summer! Edition | June 19, 2018
Upcoming Events June 19th – June 20th
June 19th: 5th Grade Party, Glebe Lawn
June 20th: Ice Cream Party, Cafeteria
June 20th, 1:26pm: Early Release Dismissal
June 22nd: Last Day to Order / Donate SchoolKitz
It’s Not Too Late – – Order Your SchoolKitz Today!
Approximately 36% of the school have saved themselves the hassle of buying school supplies in August! What are you waiting for?? Save yourself the time of running from store to store to buy what your child(ren) need – have it waiting for them in the classroom on the first day of school! Buy your SchoolKidz today!
We need donations for Grades 2 & 4, although any donation is greatly appreciated! We only have 13 kits donated so far!
To donate, just click on the website and add “donation” in the name field.
Ice Cream Party
June 20th, Lunchtime
“I scream, You scream, we all scream for ICE CREAM!” To celebrate the last day of school, the PTA will be providing ice cream treats to all the students during their regularly scheduled lunch period.
Missing Library Books
Please check your child(ren)’s rooms, backpacks, around your house and car! There are still many missing Library books that need to be returned! If you have any questions, please contact the Librarian, Chrissy Frantz
Volunteers for 2018-2019 School Year:
There are many volunteer positions that we still need to fill for the 2018-2019 school year, for example Box Top Coordinator, Room Parent Coordinator, etc. We will send out a detail list over the summer to solicit volunteers but if you have any interest now, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Soccer Fiesta: Thank you to Tara Blankinship, Julie Madison, Robbin Boyajy and Beronica Salas for coordinating the Annual Soccer Fiesta – it was a wonderful evening had by all, and as always the best food of the year! A very special thank you to our Spanish-speaking families for sharing amazing food from their culture with us all. And of course thank you to all the wonderful parents, teacher, and staff who helped with set-up, serving, and clean-up to make this community event a success.
- Ice Cream Social: Lauren Barber has done a wonderful job coordinating our ice cream social; where every student will receive an ice cream treat at lunch! Thank you to parent helpers: Wei Sun, Colleen Holland, and Maureen McDonough for making this first ever event fun for all!
- Glebe Teachers & Staff: The PTA would like to sincerely thank Jamie & Ingrid, all the teachers and staff of Glebe for once again making this year such a success for our children. You make our children feel safe and excited to learn – and for that we cannot thank you enough!
- Volunteers: To the countless parents, grandparents, siblings, and friends and students of Glebe who have given your time, financial contributions, and donated everything from Box Tops, Crayons, Food, Toiletries, Baked Goods, Milk Jugs, Paper Towel Rolls, and whatever has been asked of you WE THANK YOU! It is because of ALL of you that our school and our community thrives.
- To Those Moving On: To the students, teachers and staff who will moving on to a new endeavor in your life we wish you all the best and thank each and every one of you – your individual contributions helped shaped our community as a whole and you will be missed.
- Have Box Tops? You can turn these in to the collection box in the Front Lobby!
- Please consider bringing in food for our FOOD NOURISHMENT initiative. Cart is in the Front Lobby!
- We will be collecting Toiletries as we expand our Food Nourishment Initiative at Glebe. Please consider bringing in NEW shampoo, conditioner, hair products, toothbrushes, toothpaste, deodorant, razors (men and women), combs & brushes, feminine products, laundry detergent, body wash, etc. to assist those in need.
- Have used crayons? Our broken, used crayons are being collected and re-purposed. Just drop them off in the main office collection bin or in your child’s classroom!
Need to Reach us Over the Summer?
email us at: email@example.com