Vol. 30| APRIL FOOLS! Edition | April 2, 2019
April 2 – Spring Enrichment Classes Begin
April 3 – PTA Meeting – Glebe Library
March 7-April 5 – Outdoor Lab Summer Camp Registration
April 8 – Yearbook Orders due
April 15-19 – NO SCHOOL – SPRING BREAK
April 23 – DOROTHY HAMM MS PTSA Meeting – 7 pm – H-B Woodlawn Library
April 26 (NEW DATE!) – Picnic for the Planet – 11 am-1 pm – Glebe
April 26 – Spring Showdown – 7-8 pm – Glebe
April 30 – Rhyme & Cheese Night – 7-8:30 pm – Glebe Multipurpose Room
May 28 – DOROTHY HAMM MS PTSA Meeting – 7 pm – H-B Woodlawn Library
Have you checked out our Facebook page?
You’ll find lots of posts for upcoming events, photos from school assemblies, and other important information you want as a Glebe parent! Click here and ‘LIKE’ our page!
April 3, 7 pm – Glebe Library
If you’re concerned about APS eliminating funding for the Outdoor Lab, come to our PTA meeting on April 3rd at 7 pm. Representatives from the Outdoor Lab will be there to present and inform you!
If you have an agenda item you’d like to discuss at an upcoming meeting, please send it to email@example.com ASAP. We will have child care for all potty trained children during the meeting. Spanish translation will be provided.
News from External Affairs
DEADLINE EXTENDED to Monday, April 8
(corrected date from order form in Friday folders)
Yearbooks can be purchased two ways:
- Online. If the website does not automatically identify Glebe Elementary, you can enter our school code: 13276019
- Fill out the yearbook form that was sent home via Friday folders and send it in (to your child’s teacher or just bring it to the front office) along with the $20 payment. If you have misplaced the form, there are extras in the front office.
DOROTHY HAMM MS PTSA MEETINGS
Mark your calendar for the upcoming PTSA general membership meetings! The dates are listed below:
Tuesday, April 23 at 7:00 pm at HB-Woodlawn (Library)
Tuesday, May 28 at 7:00 pm at HB-Woodlawn (Library)
A PTSA – what is that, you may ask? A PTSA is a Parent, Teacher and Student Association. A
PTSA allows students a voice in their school and opportunities to help plan and organize PTSA-
sponsored events under the guidance of parents. Students in a PTSA can contribute to their
community in a positive way, and their involvement may help parents become more involved
SUMMER CAMP at the OUTDOOR LAB
or is interested in animals?
The Outdoor Lab offers a week-long science enrichment camp that provides a number of nature-related activities and experiences to Arlington Public School students, who have completed grades 4 through 8.The Outdoor Lab Summer Camp brochure will be posted for 4th and 5th grade parents on Peach Jar from March 1st to March 29th. In addition, more information can be found in the APS Summer School Catalog (Catálogo para la Escuela de Verano).
PTA positions – Treasurer open now and next year’s openings
We are IN NEED of interested folks looking to volunteer next year. The majority of the current Executive Board will hit their term limit in June and will need to step down. We NEED members of our community to volunteer to keep PTA support and activities going. Please contact Kristen at firstname.lastname@example.org if interested in any position.
2018-19: OPEN POSITION – PTA Treasurer
19-20: President, VP Activities and Programs, VP Ways and Means, Treasurer, Corresponding Secretary and Recording Secretary
- to the Auction Committee for making Saturday a night to remember and raising funds for the Glebe PTA to continue putting together creative and fun activities and events for our children and teachers/staff!
- to the Glebe After School Enrichment Committee: Jessica Burke, Christina Caretti, Beth Feldpush, Jacqueline Lotts and Lynda Ramirez-Blust for putting together another fantastic selection of enrichment classes and getting our community through the registration process smoothly!
- Have Box Tops? You can turn these in to the collection box in the Front Lobby!
- Please bring in food and toiletries for our Glebe Nourishment Center. Cart in the Front Lobby!
- Have used crayons? our The Crayon Initiative takes your broken, used crayons and re-purposes them. Just drop them off in the main office collection bin or in your child’s classroom!
Need to Reach Us?
For general questions, email email@example.com – Kristen Johnson
For newsletter/school communications, email firstname.lastname@example.org – Chai Puri
For events/activities, email email@example.com – Lauren Barber
For finance questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org –
Other PTA questions? Find out who can help you!