Volume 35 | Lend a Helping Hand Edition | May 15, 2018
Upcoming Events May 15th – 28th
May 15th: 5th Grade Science SOL
May 15th, 7 pm: Reed Elementary School Update, Reed Facility
May 16th: 3rd Grade Reading Part I SOL
May 16th: All Day Joe’s Pizza & Pasta Odyssey of the Mind Fundraiser
May 16th, 7 pm: Reed Elementary School Update, Swanson Middle School
May 17th: 3rd Grade Reading Part II SOL
May 17th: Toiletry Drive, Glebe Lobby
May 18th: Toiletry Drive, Glebe Lobby
May 18th, 8:30 am: Walk, Ride or Roll to School
May 22nd, 7 pm: 4th & 5th Grade Spring Concert, Washington & Lee High School
May 23rd: 3rd Grade Math SOL
May 23rd: Dining Night: District Taco
May 24th: 4th Grade Reading SOL
May 25th, 8:30 am: Walk, Ride or Roll to School
May 28th: Memorial Day – – NO SCHOOL
Reed Elementary School Update
May 15th & 16th, 7 pm
Odyssey of The Mind Fundraiser
May 16th, Joe’s Pizza and Pasta ALL DAY
You can continue to support the 4th Grade Girls Odyssey of the Mind Team as they raise funds for their quest for World Finals! Visit Joe’s Place Pizza and Pasta Wednesday, May 16th Dine in OR Carry Out and mention The Glebe Odyssey of the Mind Team and
a portion of the funds raised will be donated to the girls team.
May 17th & 18th, Glebe Lobby
The Glebe Community Service Committee will host a TOILETRY DRIVE this Thursday and Friday, May 17 and 18. Bring any of the items listed below to Glebe and help us support our community. Together we can make a positive impact on families in our community who, at a crucial time in their lives, could use extra help and encouragement.
Please note: All items should be new and sealed but any size welcome.
- Shampoo + Conditioner
- Body Wash
- Toothpaste + Toothbrush
- Comb + Hair Products
- Feminine Hygiene Products
Appreciated Extras: Detergent
Glebe Dining Night
May 23rd, 5 pm
With games and after school activities, who has time for dinner? Well on May 23rd, you don’t need to worry! Go to District Taco after 5pm and mention Glebe, and a portion of the proceeds will be donated to the PTA.
June 1, 8:50 am – 2:00 pm
The BFF crew (Be Your Body’s Best Friend) handed out healthy snacks in the cafeteria on Wednesday, 5/9.
We are happy to report that the majority of Glebe kids say please and thank you! : )
The featured snack was Harvest Snapea Crisps. They were a hit with most kids and teachers.
Better yet – they are actually good for you. This crunchy snack is low in sodium, and has a healthy amount of protein & fiber.
Thanks to volunteers Andrea Sanchez, Tara Blankinship & Maureen McDonough for helping out!
Reminder – If your kids are walking, biking or scooting to school, we will collect their orange cards on Friday, 5/18.
They will have a chance to win a gift card to Child’s Play.
Cornelia Lesh & Mary Beth Sancho
If you have any reimbursements to submit to the PTA, please submit them no late than June 13th for payment. If you have any questions, you can contact Treasurer, Enjoli Goyal
- Teacher & Staff Appreciation Week: Thank you to Coordinators Lauren Barber, Tara Blankinship, and Julie Madison, for organizing a fantastic week of activities. And a special thank you to all the parents who volunteered and helped make this week a success: Alice Hogan, Beth Jackson, Shireen Dodini, Cheryl Slade, Maureen McDonough, Elizabeth Nowinski, Michaela Moore, Sarah Goodell, Allison Collins, Michelle Ziakiwski, Becca Herndon, Stephanie Reed, Sahar Roshanaei, Cara Fowler, Weeraya Fouchard, Nicole Smith, Stephanie Dotson, Shelly Stoneman, Jillian Carl, Jessica Buckwalter, Lynisa Michalski, Erin Fuller, Herman Chen, Melissa Beaty, Neera Parikh, Alyson Flikas, Melissa Heinzer, Frances McLaughlin, Rozita Kozar, Sari Greene, Bassem Fattouh, Heather Brown, Holly Radus, Pragnya Lenka, Lindsay Binstock, and Kristy Rolands.
- Have Box Tops? You can turn these in to the collection box in the Front Lobby!
- Please consider bringing in food for our FOOD NOURISHMENT initiative. Cart is in the Front Lobby!
- Have used crayons? Our broken, used crayons are being collected and re-purposed. Just drop them off in the main office collection bin or in your child’s classroom!
Comment/Idea for the Gleagle News?
email us at: email@example.com