Volume 1 | Welcome Back to School! Edition | September 4, 2018
Upcoming Events September 4th – September 17th
September 4th: 1st Day of School!
September 4th, 9:00 am: Welcome Back Coffee, Glebe Reading Garden
September 7th, 9:15 am: Glebe Community Meeting, Multi Purpose Room
September 12th, 7 pm: Back to School Night
September 12th, 8 pm: Glebe Theater Information Session, Multi Purpose Room
September 12th – 19th: Glebe Theater Lottery
September 16th, 8 pm: Enrichment Registration Begins
September 17th, 7 pm: PTA Meeting, Glebe Library
Welcome Back Coffee
September 4th, 9 am: Glebe Reading Garden
Please join us in the Reading Garden (or the Multi Purpose Room if it is raining) for coffee and light refreshments. It is a great opportunity to catch up with old friends and meet new ones! Hope to see you there!
Thanks to Yvonne Matsko, Ali Collins, Tara Blankinship, Ali Collins, Lauren Barber, Courtney Markle and Michaela Moore for bringing in coffee and treats for our first day back!!
Glebe Community Meeting
September 7th, 9:15 am: Multi Purpose Room
On Friday, September 7th the Executive Board will present an overview of the situation surrounding the Glebe Auction Funds. This will include an overview of the events, a timeline and the most up to date status. Additionally, our attorney will be present to answer questions and address the community.
Back to School Night
September 12th, 7 pm
Parents, Grandparents, and Guardians are welcome to attend the annual Back to School Night on Wednesday, September 12th. Each teacher will present two identical sessions, lasting approximately 25 minutes each; so parents have an opportunity to visit at least 2 classrooms. Specials teachers will also be available to meet with parents.
Glebe Theater Presentation
September 12th, 8 pm: Multi Purpose Room
Glebe Theater will hold its’ third production later this calendar year! Please join us for an information session, immediately following Back to School Night in the Multi Purpose Room.
Students interested in participating in the production must enter a lottery. The lottery will be open from September 12th – September 19th.
Fall Enrichment Program
The Fall Enrichment Program will open for registration on Sunday, September 16th at 8 pm. The Course Catalog will be sent out to the community shortly.
Glebe PTA Meeting
September 17th, 7:00 pm: Glebe Library
On Monday, September 17th, the Glebe PTA will hold its first PTA meeting of the year. On the agenda, will be an overview and update of the Glebe Auction Fund status; a discussion of the annual budget and allocation of existing funds moving forward; a call for volunteers to serve in open positions for the school year; and address outstanding concerns and issues of the community.
We will have child care for all potty trained children during the meeting, Spanish translation will be provided.
Volunteers for 2018-2019 School Year:
There are many volunteer positions that we still need to fill for the 2018-2019 school year, for example Picture Day Coordinator, Teacher Appreciation Week Coordinator, Box Top Coordinator, Room Parent Coordinator, etc. If you are interested, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com
- SchoolKitz: Thank you to Ainsley Stapleton and former Glebe Family the Mellet’s, who returned for another year to distribute all the SchoolKitz delivered to the appropriate classrooms.
- Welcome Back Teacher Breakfast: Thank you Tara Blankinship for taking the lead in coordinating a wonderful back breakfast for our teachers on August 23rd! And thank you to our volunteers for donating all the food and drinks to make this a success: Erika Hartingh, Liz Newman, Jessica Burke, Jennifer Shoji, Cindy Scarcella, Laura Harrington, Becca Herndon, Alyson Fliakas, Yvonne Matsko, and Lisa Gumbs.
- Have Box Tops? You can turn these in to the collection box in the Front Lobby!
- Please consider bringing in food and toiletries for our Glebe Support initiative. Cart is in the Front Lobby!
- Have used crayons? Our broken, used crayons are being collected and re-purposed. Just drop them off in the main office collection bin or in your child’s classroom!
Need to Reach Us?
email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org