Vol. 11 | Books and Baskets Edition | Nov. 13, 2018
Upcoming Events November 13th- November 26th
November 15, 6-8 pm – Book Swap – Glebe
November 16-19, 8:45 am – 3:50 pm – Thanksgiving Food Basket Brigade, Glebe
November 21-23 – NO SCHOOL – Thanksgiving Break
Thursday, November 15, 6-8 pm
What is the Book Swap?
- Drop off your gently used books in the school lobby anytime through Thursday, Nov. 15. *Kindergarten and up, no pre-school books
- The books will be collected and sorted throughout the week in preparation for the swap
- Come with your kids to the multi-purpose room between 7-8pm on Nov. 15 and pick up a few “new to you” books for your family – all FREE!
- This year we are partnering with Aspire Afterschool Learning (www.aspireafterschool.org) to donate our extra books to local afterschool programs and schools in need. Thanks, Ms. Moore, for connecting us to such an incredible organization!
How Can I Help?
As with all PTA events, your help is greatly needed and appreciated to sort and organize the books. Please SIGN UP here to lend a hand. Thank you in advance!
Questions? Contact Justine Donahue (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Thanksgiving Food Basket Brigade
Friday, November 16-Monday, November 19, 8:45 am – 3:50 pm
UPDATE: ALL slots to fill 60 baskets are taken. Yes, 60!!! A huge THANK YOU to the community, the members of the community service team, and Beronica Salas.
QUESTIONS: Please contact Tara Blankinship at email@example.com or Julie Madison at firstname.lastname@example.org
As a reminder, your SHOPPING LIST:
Rectangular Laundry Basket
Anonymous Decorations for Basket (handmade artwork)
Box of Cereal (2)
Pasta & Pasta Sauce
Macaroni & Cheese
Peanut Butter & Jelly
Can of Vegetables (2)
Stuffing or Mashed Potatoes
Dried Beans (black, pinto, etc.)
Large Bag of Apples or Oranges
Can of Fruit (2)
Disposable Baking/Roasting Pan
Bag of Sugar
Maseca corn flour or Regular Flour (depending on what your family signed up for)
At the last meeting on Nov 7th, membership voted to approve $3500 for the 4th grade smART project on the basketball court. If you have an agenda item you’d like to discuss at an upcoming meeting, please send it to email@example.com ASAP.
Crayon Initiative Update
Our first batch of crayons for the year was sent to The Crayon Initiative and it was 40 pounds! Wow! Way to go, Glebe – keep those old crayons coming! Hats of Monica Irvine for leading the charge!
Teacher and Support Employee of the Year – letters due Dec 12th
This year, the staff of Glebe nominated Heather Morgan, 3rd grade special education teacher and Colleen Calhoun, Educational Administrative Assistant in the Glebe front office.
We are asking for anyone who would like to write a letter of support to please submit all letters to Jamie Borg at Glebe. All letters are due December 12th.
Letters of support for Heather need to be addressed to the State Superintendent of Instruction and this address BUT need to be turned in to Jamie.
Dr. James F. Lane
Letters of support for Colleen need to be addressed to the Arlington Superintendent BUT turned in to Jamie.
Dr. Patrick K. Murphy
to Alyson Fliakas for organizing Original Works this year! We hope all the grandparents like their new mousepads and mugs!!!
- Have Box Tops? You can turn these in to the collection box in the Front Lobby!
- Please bring in food and toiletries for our Glebe Nourishment Center. Cart in the Front Lobby!
- Have used crayons? our The Crayon Initiative takes your broken, used crayons and re-purposes them. Just drop them off in the main office collection bin or in your child’s classroom!
Need to Reach Us?
For general questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org – Kristen Johnson
For newsletter/school communications, email email@example.com – Chai Puri
For events/activities, email firstname.lastname@example.org – Lauren Barber
For finance questions, email email@example.com –
Other PTA questions? Find out who can help you!