Volume 14 | Rock the Red Edition | December 5, 2017
December 5th – December 18th
- December 5th – 8th: 2nd Grade Bake Sale to for Shareplay, Before School
- December 6th, 7 pm: PTA Meeting, Glebe Library
- December 7th, 7 pm: Glebe Theater Production, Multi Purpose Room
- December 8th: BFF Walk, Ride, or Roll to School
- December 8th: Rock the Red Spirit Day!
- December 8th, 7 pm: Glebe Theater Production, Multi Purpose Room
- December 10th, 8 pm: Glebe Winter Enrichment Registration Begins
- December 13th, 1:26 pm: Early Release Dismissal
- December 14th, 8 pm: Winter Enrichment Registration Closes
- December 15th: BFF Walk, Ride, or Roll to School
2nd Grade Bake Sale supporting Shareplay – December 5th- 8th
As you know the children are collecting money this week for Share Play. In order to raise more funds and practice their math skills, the 2nd graders have decided to put on a bake sale.
Come support Shareplay and purchase some sweets! Tuesday thru Friday 8:15 till 9am!
Glebe PTA Meeting – Wednesday, December 6th
Join us for our last PTA Meeting of the year. ACI Representative, Laura LoGerfo will be speaking and we will have a presentation on the SMART program by Lynn Westergren, Stacy Lewis and Brooke Jones.
Glebe’s Own Theater Production – Thursday, December 7th & Friday, December 8th
Come watch Glebe students in grades 2 -5 as they put on their own musical “Tail of a Trickster” – based on traditional Catawba stories. The production will take place in the Multi Purpose Room, December 7th & 8th at 7 pm. All are welcome and encouraged to come!
Rock the Red – Friday, December 8th
Show your spirit for the Washington Capitals and where your favorite spiritwear and Rock the Red!
After School Enrichment Registration Begins – Sunday, December 10th
Glebe Elementary School has an after-school enrichment program which coordinates various classes for a fee. These 8-week classes are offered in the fall, winter, and spring. The coordinators identify classes for the program; work with vendors and Glebe teachers; facilitate the scholarship program; and monitor the first week of classes. Scholarships for after-school classes are available to students eligible for the lunch program.
Registration for the Winter 2018 Enrichment session will open on Sunday, December 10th, at 8 PM. For questions about registration, please contact Jessica Burke (email).
Stars for the Holidays – Friday, December 14th
This year, 55 families Glebe families in need were identified and provided with Thanksgiving dinners and turkeys. In order to make their December holidays happier, we have Holiday Stars again. As you may recall, each Star is printed with a child’s age, gender, and gift request. We try to provide every Glebe student and their siblings with gifts and you can help by choosing a Star (or Stars!) and purchasing the gift written on the back of the Star. If you would like to help, Stars are available in Beronica Salas’ office; please drop by and take one. All gifts must be wrapped with the Star securely fastened and returned to Beronica’s office by Friday, December 14th.
Holiday Cookies for Teachers – December 20th 8AM
Calling all bakers! Let’s show our teachers and staff how much we appreciate them by showering them with holiday cookies. Please consider baking a batch or two of cookies or other goodies and bringing your treats to the Glebe Elementary School Teachers’ Lounge (second floor) on Wednesday, December 20, between 8 and 9 am.
Our Glebe staff will be able to take home an assortment of goodies in festive containers. We have A LOT of faculty members at Glebe, so we need A LOT of goodies! (We’re hoping for 100 dozen items!)
If you are interested in baking, you can sign up here: https://www.glebepta.org/volunteer/hospitality/
Thank you’s to these incredible parents!
- Ivette Mestre, Lisa Preston, Lina Vismantiene, Dabney Hegg, Rick Hegg, Farris Asad, Alexis Johnson, Christin Bushardt, and Erich Keppler (5th grade dance)
- Alyson Fliakas, Heather Keppler, Ann Seits, Lisa Gumbs, Jill Yasin, Tara Blankinship (Orginial Works)
- Cornelia Lesh and MaryBeth Sancho (Walk, Bike, Scoot-BFF committee)
**Please don’t forget to drop off your Box Tops in the lobby!
Comment/Idea for the Gleagle News?
email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org