Vol. 2 | Back-To-School-Night Edition | Sept. 15, 2020
Sept. 14 – Virtual After School Enrichment Registration Open (online)
Sept. 14 – Grab-and-Go Library Book Distribution Open (online)
Sept. 16 – Virtual Back-To-School-Night (online)
Sept. 17 – Virtual After School Enrichment Registration Ends, midnight (online)
Sept. 21 – Grab-and-Go Library Book Pick-Up Date, 2-4 pm at Glebe
Virtual After School Enrichment Registration
Glebe’s Enrichment Committee is pleased to share your Fall 2020 After-School VIRTUAL enrichment program. Click here for the schedule and here for the catalog. Read more at the After-School Enrichment home page, too. Thank you to the teachers and vendors willing to offer and try a virtual format this Fall, and thank you all in advance for your patience as we venture into new virtual waters!
Registration for Fall 2020 Enrichment classes begins 8pm Monday, September 14th and runs until midnight, Thursday, September 17th. On Monday night, the registration link will appear on the web site (link above) and on our Facebook page. Classes start Monday, September 21st. Registration instructions can be found here.
WE ALSO NEED NEW VOLUNTEERS ASAP! Several of our amazing enrichment volunteers will be leaving us this year, so we are looking for and absolutely need several parents to join our team. If you are interested in joining our enrichment team and helping our robust program, please contact Glebe Enrichment at GlebeEnrichment@gmail.com.
We hope you enjoy the classes we have organized for you!
Glebe Directory Update
The Glebe PTA knows that being able to connect with other Glebe families will be particularly important this year. We hope to be able to launch our 2020-2021 online directory during the first week of school. ParentVUE is now open for parents to complete the Annual Online Verification Process (AOVP). You must check your ParentVUE preferences and opt your children in to the Glebe PTA directory, if you would like to have access to the directory and have your children appear in it.
Questions? Email email@example.com
Back to School Night is Wednesday, Sept. 16!
In order to accommodate everyone, Glebe has set up a schedule much like open house but this time in the evening. Your classroom teacher will send the invite on Teams.
- Pre-K and Kindergarten 6:00-6:20
- 1st Grade 6:20-6:40
- 2nd Grade 6:40-7:00
- 3rd Grade 7:00-7:20
- 4th Grade 7:20-7:40
- 5th Grade 7:40-8:00
Grab & Go Book Distribution is Launching
The Glebe Library will have a Grab & Go Book Checkout to get books to students this fall. Here are details:
- Put book holds in to Destiny Discover by Thursday evenings
- Pick up books on Mondays, 2-4 pm
- Start Date – Start putting holds the week of September 14
- First Pick Up Date – Monday, September 21, 2-4 pm
- Location – Front of Glebe
Click here for a video tutorial on accessing the Destiny Discover catalog and putting books on hold.
Click here to get a Grab & Go Book Flyer for easy reference!
Please click here to go to the Glebe Library webpage for more details.
More questions? Email our librarian, Kristin Wine at Kristin.firstname.lastname@example.org
*As a reminder, kids can also take books from the book cabinet in front of Glebe.
If you’re looking for the latest information on return-to-school planning, resources to assist with online school, or how to access meals, please visit the APS webpage. There are frequent updates and also ways to share your questions and input with our superintendent, Dr. Francisco Duran, and members of the school board.
Volunteers for 2020-21 School Year are Needed!
Want to get involved? There are many volunteer positions that we need to fill for the 2019-2020 school year! We have immediate need for parents to support the Community Service Committee and the Enrichment Committee. If you are interested, please contact us at email@example.com
- To the Glebe administration, staff, and teachers for an excellent first week of school!
- To the Glebe PTA Enrichment Committee for putting together an excellent virtual enrichment program!
- To Courtney Markle for updating, stocking, and organizing the book cabinet in front of Glebe!
- Don’t forget to link your Harris Teeter card and Amazon Smile to Glebe Elementary! A percentage of your purchases goes directly to Glebe and at NO COST to you!
- Have you checked out our Facebook page? You’ll find lots of important information you want as a Glebe parent! Click here and ‘LIKE’ our page!
Need to Reach Us?
- For general questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org – Isabel Simmerman
- For finance questions, email email@example.com –
- For events/activities, email firstname.lastname@example.org – Amy LaFalce
- For newsletter/school communications, email email@example.com – Liz Newman
- Other PTA questions? Find out who can help you!