Vol. 1 | Almost Time for School! Edition | Sept. 1, 2020
Sept. 3 – ONLINE Open House
Sept. 8 – First Day of School
First PTA Meeting of the school year, online at 7 pm
Donated SchoolKidz Kits: Drop Off This Week!
If you purchased a SchoolKidz kit to donate to a Glebe student in need, you can drop it off THIS WEEK on Tuesday or Thursday from 9am-12pm at the front office or in front of the school during iPad distribution.
Questions? Contact Ainsley, our coordinator.
Virtual Open House
Thursday, September 3
ONLINE Open House
Please join us on September 3rd for our virtual open house. This will be a time that you and your student can meet the teacher. You will be emailed a link to the meeting from your homeroom teacher.
To accommodate families with more than one student in different grade levels we have scheduled these times:
- K — 9:00-9:45 am
- 1st grade — 9:45-10:30 am
- 2nd grade — 10:30-11:15 am
- 3rd grade — 11:15am-12:00 pm
- 4th grade — 1:00-1:45 pm
- 5th grade — 1:45-2:30 pm
- PreK — 2:00-2:45 pm
We Need Your Input on a Virtual Theater Production!
As part of our after school enrichment program, the PTA has worked with Educational Theatre Company (ETC) in recent years on a musical theater production featuring Glebe students. While we are unable to proceed with a traditional musical theater production this fall, we may have an opportunity to produce a virtual show in collaboration with ETC. We need to know if you would be interested! Please let us know your thoughts in this 2-minute survey. Your response is appreciated!
First PTA Meeting – Zoom with us!
Tuesday, September 8 – 7-8 pm – ONLINE
Please join us for our first PTA meeting of the 2019-20 school year! As the school year starts virtually, we will be meeting online. Stay tuned for the link! Agenda items include voting for 2 open Executive Board positions: VP Communications, which Liz Newman has offered to take, and VP of External Affairs, for which Rikki Amos has volunteered. We will also have a budget update, a look at the next 6 months on the PTA calendar, and a Q&A with Mrs. Borg.
If you have an agenda item you’d like to discuss at an upcoming meeting, please send it to email@example.com ASAP.
Glebe Directory Update! OPT IN NOW!
The Glebe PTA knows that being able to connect with other Glebe families will be particularly important this year. We hope to be able to launch our 2020-2021 online directory during the first week of school. ParentVUE is now open for parents to complete the Annual Online Verification Process (AOVP). Please take a moment to check your ParentVUE preferences and opt your children in to the Glebe PTA directory, if you would like to have access to the directory and have your children appear in it.
Questions? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteers for 2020-21 School Year are Needed!
Want to get involved? There are many volunteer positions that we need to fill for the 2019-2020 school year! We have immediate need for parents to support the Community Service Committee. If you are interested, please contact us at email@example.com
- to Liz Newman and Rikki Amos for stepping up to run for VP Communications and VP External Affairs!
- Did you know you can buy Glebe Spiritwear online? Every sale contributes to Glebe Elementary School PTA projects and events throughout the year.
- Don’t forget to link your Harris Teeter card and Amazon Smile to Glebe Elementary! A percentage of your purchases goes directly to Glebe and at NO COST to you!
- Have you checked out our Facebook page? You’ll find lots of important information you want as a Glebe parent! Click here and ‘LIKE’ our page!
Need to Reach Us?
- For general questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org – Isabel Simmerman
- For finance questions, email email@example.com –
- For events/activities, email firstname.lastname@example.org – Amy LaFalce
- For newsletter/school communications, email email@example.com – Liz Newman (pending the next meeting’s election)
- Other PTA questions? Find out who can help you!