Vol. 6 | Book Fair Edition | Oct. 8, 2019
Oct. 7-9 – Book Fair – Glebe Library
Oct. 14 – NO SCHOOL – Staff PL Day
Oct. 16 – EARLY RELEASE
Oct. 17 – School Picture Day
Oct. 18 – Fall Potluck & Movie Night (Rain Date Nov. 1)
Oct. 22 – Pupatella Dining Night
Oct. 24 – EARLY RELEASE
Oct. 25 – NO SCHOOL – P/T Conferences
WE NEED VOLUNTEERS! Please sign up here for this great annual event!
If you would like more information about our book fair, please visit the book fair’s homepage at: https://www.scholastic.com/bf/
Thursday, October 17
Class and Individual Pictures will be taken. Makeup pictures will be taken on Nov. 14th. Order forms went home in last week’s Friday folders! You can also order them online by using the code listed on the order form.
Volunteers are needed in short shifts to ensure the day runs smoothly. Please consider signing up to help! https://www.glebepta.org/volunteer/?sheet_id=75
Friday, October 18th, 5:30-8:30 pm
It’s that time of year again! Please join us for the Glebe Potluck Dinner and Outdoor Movie. This event will be held on the lawn behind the school. Pizza will be served along with dishes contributed by Glebe families.
We need volunteers to signup and assist with the event and/or bring food.
If you can contribute money for pizza donation, thank you!
Dinner will be served starting at 5:30 pm and the movie will start at sunset (~6:30 pm). The rain date will be November 1st. The playground and fields will close when the movie starts for the safety and enjoyment of the movie. If you have any questions, please contact event chair Allison Collins (email).
Dining Night at Pupatella
Tuesday, October 22nd, 3pm – close
Take a break from cooking dinner and head over to Pupatella (5104 Wilson Blvd. Arlington VA) and mention Glebe Elementary when you order. The PTA gets a percentage of the proceeds for Glebe events and activities! Tell your friends too!
Volunteers for 2019-2020 School Year Needed:
Want to get involved? There are many volunteer positions that we need to fill for the 2019-2020 school year! We have need for a Social Media Volunteer, 5th Grade Parent to coordinate the Yearbook and Graduation and many others for Glebe Activities (Bingo Night, STEM Fair etc). If you are interested, please to contact us at email@example.com.
- to Olga Garcia, our school nurse, for reviewing Glebe’s protocol for lice detection and prevention.
- to Officer John Adams, our SRO Detective, for presenting his role at Glebe and how he helps keep our children safe.
- to Cornelia Lesh for taking charge of our BFF program and kicking it off with last week’s Walk/Bike/Roll to school day.
- to Rachel Barish for being elected as our new VP PTA Communications – thank you for stepping up!
- Did you know you can buy Glebe Spiritwear online? Every sale contributes to Glebe Elementary School PTA projects and events throughout the year.
- Did you know that you can earn money for Glebe at NO EXTRA COST to you?!? Visit our website for more information on our Free Money Fundraisers, such as linking your Harris Teeter card and Amazon Smile to Glebe Elementary. A percentage of your purchases goes directly to Glebe at NO COST to you!
- We collect Box Tops! You can turn these in to the box in the Front Lobby or scan them with your phone!
- Please bring in food and toiletries for our Glebe Nourishment Center. Cart in the Front Lobby!
- Have used crayons? our The Crayon Initiative takes your broken, used crayons and re-purposes them. Just drop them off in the main office collection bin or in your child’s classroom!
- Have you checked out our Facebook page? You’ll find lots of posts for upcoming events, photos from school assemblies, and other important information you want as a Glebe parent! Click here and ‘LIKE’ our page!
Need to Reach Us?
For general questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org – Isabel Simmerman
For finance questions, email email@example.com –
For events/activities, email firstname.lastname@example.org – Amy LaFalce
For newsletter/school communications, email email@example.com – Rachel Barish
Other PTA questions? Find out who can help you!