Vol. 8 | Parent-Teacher Conferences Edition | Oct. 22, 2019
Oct. 22 – Pupatella Dining Night
Oct. 24 – EARLY RELEASE
Oct. 25 – NO SCHOOL – P/T Conferences
Oct. 31 – Halloween Parade
Nov. 5 – NO SCHOOL – Grade Preparation Day
Nov. 6 – PTA Meeting
DINE IN OR CARRY OUT! Dining Night at Pupatella Pizzeria
Tuesday, October 22nd, 3pm – close
Take a break from cooking dinner and head over to Pupatella (5104 Wilson Blvd. Arlington VA) and mention Glebe Elementary when you order. The PTA gets a percentage of the proceeds for Glebe events and activities from your order whether it is online, by phone or in person! Tell your friends too!
For more information, click here, and remember, DINE IN or CARRY OUT (order by phone or online)!
Questions? Contact Rashmi Agarwal.
Author visit: Ginjer Clarke Visits K-2nd Grade Classes
Kindergarten, 1st, and 2nd grade classes will have the opportunity to meet nonfiction children’s book author Ginjer Clarke on Wednesday, November 13. Ginjer writes fun, fact-filled nonfiction science books about wild, wonderful animals and nature that make learning about nature entertaining and engaging. During her time with students, Ginjer will read from her books and talk about being an author, how a book gets made, writing tips and exercises, and fascinating facts about some unusual creatures.
If you want to order a book and have it signed by Ginjer, please complete the order form and submit the form and payment to the Glebe library by Friday, October 25.
Lost and Found
Now that Fall is here, our Lost & Found is filling up with jackets & sweaters. Marking your child’s items with Sharpie on the tags helps us find the owners of lost items. For those of you already missing brand new school clothes, here is a list of items currently in the Lost & Found.
APS Updates from our Glebe APS Ambassador
Middle School Information Night for 2020-21 will be held on Oct. 28, 7 – 9 p.m., at Washington-Liberty High School (1301 N. Stafford St.), and will include registration, school options and transfers, application deadlines and procedures, school information sessions, available resources, and more. Visit www.apsva.us/school-options/
Your APS Ambassador
Grace Solares (mother of Camila in Ms. Redican’s 2nd Grade Class) is pleased to serve as Glebe’s APS Ambassador for the 2019-2020 school year. Please reach out to her with questions about items in this update or to signal your interest in other District initiatives, news and events.
Volunteers for 2019-2020 School Year Needed:
Want to get involved? There are many volunteer positions that we need to fill for the 2019-2020 school year! We have need for a Social Media Volunteer, 5th Grade Parent to coordinate the Yearbook and Graduation and many others for Glebe Activities (Bingo Night, STEM Fair etc). If you are interested, please to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- to Sari Greene for coordinating and all the volunteers that helped during picture day!
- to Allison Collins for chairing the Fall Movie and Potluck event, and to those who helped with setup, serving, or cleanup: Liz Newman, Rachel Barish, Michelle Zlakowski, Jessica Bauserman, Lynisa Michalski, Doug Hughes, Amy LaFalce, Jessica Burke,Nelson Sancho, Julia Saperstein, Sheila Gerrling, and all who donated money or food!
- Did you know you can buy Glebe Spiritwear online? Every sale contributes to Glebe Elementary School PTA projects and events throughout the year.
- Did you know that you can earn money for Glebe at NO EXTRA COST to you?!? Visit our website for more information on our Free Money Fundraisers, such as linking your Harris Teeter card and Amazon Smile to Glebe Elementary. A percentage of your purchases goes directly to Glebe at NO COST to you!
- We collect Box Tops! You can turn these in to the box in the Front Lobby or scan them with your phone!
- Please bring in food and toiletries for our Glebe Nourishment Center. Cart in the Front Lobby!
- Have used crayons? our The Crayon Initiative takes your broken, used crayons and re-purposes them. Just drop them off in the main office collection bin or in your child’s classroom!
- Have you checked out our Facebook page? You’ll find lots of posts for upcoming events, photos from school assemblies, and other important information you want as a Glebe parent! Click here and ‘LIKE’ our page!
Need to Reach Us?
For general questions, email email@example.com – Isabel Simmerman
For finance questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org –
For events/activities, email email@example.com – Amy LaFalce
For newsletter/school communications, email firstname.lastname@example.org – Rachel Barish
Other PTA questions? Find out who can help you!