Vol. 5 | Decision Edition | Oct. 13, 2020
Oct 14 — NFL Spirit Day
Oct 21 — APS deadline to select instructional model in ParentVue
Oct 27 — Rhyme & Cheese (online)
Nov 3-16 — Book Fair (online)
Nov 10 — Virtual PTA Meeting, 7 pm (online)
NFL Spirit Day
Football season is here! This Wednesday, October 14, 2020, celebrate NFL Spirit Day. Have your child(ren) show their team spirit by wearing their team colors during their MS Teams classes! Glebe shows its spirit even when we are virtual!
Rhyme & Cheese
Save the date for Rhyme & Cheese on October 27, 2020. This event will be hosted by the PTA over Zoom. Rhyme & Cheese celebrates Glebe students’ own writing in the hopes that it will encourage a love and excitement for the craft by all who participate and come to listen. The student will share their own original writing with the Glebe community in a relaxed atmosphere and hopefully learn to love (or at least get comfortable) speaking in front of others. More information and a link to sign up are forthcoming.
Glebe PTA Town Hall
If you missed last week’s PTA Town Hall with Principal Borg, don’t worry. Email the PTA at email@example.com, and we can send you a recording of the meeting. And remember, you may also submit questions, concerns, and comments directly to APS at https://www.apsva.us/engage/.
If you’re looking for the latest information on return-to-school planning, resources to assist with online school, or how to access meals, please visit the APS webpage. There are frequent updates and also ways to share your questions and input with our superintendent, Dr. Francisco Duran, and members of the school board.
If you are looking for boundary information and opportunities to engage with APS about boundaries click here: https://www.apsva.us/engage/fall2020elementaryboundaries/#ESCommunityEngagement.
Volunteers for 2020-2021 School Year Needed
Parents are needed to support the Enrichment Committee. If you are interested, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do You Have Information to Share?
Don’t be shy. If you have information to share about what’s going on at Glebe, please email email@example.com. The deadline to include information in the PTA newsletter is Sundays at 7 pm.
- To everyone who tuned into the Glebe PTA Town Hall with Principal Borg, and a special thanks for Principal Borg for sharing with us!
- Don’t forget to link your Harris Teeter card and Amazon Smile to Glebe Elementary! A percentage of your purchases goes directly to Glebe and at NO COST to you!
- Have you checked out our Facebook page? You’ll find lots of important information you want as a Glebe parent! Click here and ‘LIKE’ our page!
Need to Reach Us?
- For general questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org – Isabel Simmerman
- For newsletter/school communications, email email@example.com – Liz Newman
- For events/activities, email firstname.lastname@example.org – Amy LaFalce
- For finance questions, email email@example.com – Jessica Burke
- Other PTA questions? Find out who can help you!