Vol. 10 | Virtual Town Hall Edition | Nov. 17, 2020
Nov 19 — Virtual Town Hall with Monique O’Grady, 7pm
Nov 23 — Thanksgiving Brigade Baskets Drop Off
Virtual Town Hall with Monique O’Grady
The Glebe PTA invites you to join a virtual town hall with School Board Chair and Glebe liaison, Monique O’Grady on Thursday, November 19, 2020 at 7pm. Prior to the meeting, the PTA will send the Zoom link to members by email. Participants are asked to submit questions ahead of time, to this link: https://forms.gle/ogCcivyAdGnihVdT8. The meeting will entail a brief presentation followed by Q&A.
Thanksgiving Basket Brigade
The Glebe PTA Community Service Committee thanks everyone who signed up to fill a Thanksgiving Basket! Baskets should be delivered to Tara Blankinship’s front porch, 2026 North Taylor Street between 9:00AM and 12:00PM on Monday, November 23, 2020. If you have any questions, please contact Tara Blankinship at email@example.com or Julie Madison at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2021 School Year Information and Planning for Hybrid/In-Person Instruction
Information and updates about the 2020-21 school year and planning for hybrid/in-person instruction are available at www.apsva.us/school-year-2020-21/. The information includes the latest updates from Superintendent Dr. Durán and FAQs on instructional models, technology, meals and more. Also, there is an APS COVID-19 dashboard. Families can use the APS Engage online form to share questions and comments with APS.
Information about Boundary Issues
If you are looking for boundary information and opportunities to engage with APS about boundaries click here:
Information in Spanish via WhatsApp
In addition to School Talk messages sent to all families, APS provides information in Spanish for families who prefer “WhatsApp en español.” To join this group, please send the name, school, and cell phone number of the person to be added to Dulce Carrillo, Coordinator of Community Engagement, APS School and Community Relations, at email@example.com. week’s newsletter?
Glebe Giving Needs Your Support
When schools closed in March and the Glebe Food Pantry was no longer available to families, neighborhood community organizations joined together to create Glebe Giving with a simple purpose: to provide food assistance to families in need with children attending Glebe. As the only organization specifically created to help Glebe families in need, Glebe Giving has helped more than 45 families weekly since mid-April. In addition to providing Safeway gift cards, Glebe Giving has partnered with an Arlington food pantry to provide families with groceries and other household items each week. During the spring and summer months, Glebe Giving provided families with $50 Safeway gift cards weekly. Since the school year began, more Glebe families have needed assistance while at the same time, donations to Glebe Giving have decreased. Therefore, currently Glebe Giving is only able to provide $25 Safeway cards to families, costing approximately $1200 per week.
Glebe Giving needs your help today. Will you help please?
Donate to Glebe Giving using PayPal at GlebeGiving@gmail.com. 100% of these donations are used to purchase Safeway gift cards for Glebe families.
Purchase Safeway gift cards ($25 preferred) and drop them off at one of the locations below. Please provide your name and email address with your cards.
- 1523 North Taylor Street – contact Beth Jackson at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1405 North Wakefield Street – contact Ellen Fitzgibbons at email@example.com
Our neighbors’ needs are still great, and your support is crucial. Your generosity has been inspiring, and it’s comforting to know that we live in a caring and giving community. Glebe Giving hopes that you will support its efforts once again. Thank you.
The Glebe PTA endorses Glebe Giving.
(It does not organize or manage Glebe Community Giving or any similar effort.)
Do You Have Information to Share?
Don’t be shy. If you have information to share about what’s going on at Glebe, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline to include information in the PTA newsletter is Sundays at 7 PM
- Don’t forget to link your Harris Teeter card and Amazon Smile to Glebe Elementary! A percentage of your purchases goes directly to Glebe and at NO COST to you!
- While Glebe’s BoxTops for Education collection box is closed, families can submit receipts via the BoxTops app, available in the Apple Store and Google Play. You must create your own account and link it to Glebe (School ID#385133).
- Have you checked out our Facebook page? You’ll find lots of important information you want as a Glebe parent! Click here and ‘LIKE’ our page!
Need to Reach Us?
- For general questions, email email@example.com – Isabel Simmerman
- For newsletter/school communications, email firstname.lastname@example.org – Liz Newman
- For events/activities, email email@example.com – Amy LaFalce
- For finance questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org – Jessica Burke
- Other PTA questions? Find out who can help you!