Volume 27 | St. Paddy’s Edition | March 13, 2018
Upcoming Events March 13th – March 26th:
March 13th – 15th: Book Fair Continues! Glebe Library
March 14th, 1:26pm: Early Release Dismissal
March 15th, 8 pm: After School Enrichment Registration Closes
March 16th, 8:30 am: Walk, Ride or Roll to School
March 16th 7 pm: Spring Showdown, Wakefield High School
March 16th: Last Day to Order Yearbooks
March 16th: Last Day to Submit Entries for Rhyme & Cheese
March 16th: Last Day for Family Auction Donations
March 17th: St. Patrick’s Day
March 21st, 7pm: Rhyme & Cheese, Glebe Multi Purpose Room
March 23rd, 8:30 am: Walk, Ride or Roll to School
March 23rd: Last Day to Order Books for K-3 Author Visit, Hena Khan
March 23rd: Last Day of School before Spring Break
March 26th – 30th: No School – – Spring Break
Ongoing: Auction Registration – Don’t Miss Out on This Great Night: https://www.studentinfohub.net/GEPTA/public.taf
Spring Enrichment Continues
March 13 – 15th, 8 pm
Book Fair Continues
March 13th – 15th, Glebe Library
Update your home bookshelf with a purchase at the annual book fair.
Students will continue to have the opportunity to buy books. Lists of books and featured materials will be sent home, to help parents discuss choices with their students. Family shopping hours that remain include:
- Tuesday, March 13th: between 5:30-7:30 pm
- Wednesday, March 14th: (early release) between 1:30-3:00 pm
- Thursday, March 15th: Students can purchase during class time from 9:00 – 11:00 am
Cash, credit cards, and checks accepted for payment. Checks should be made out to: Glebe PTA.
Volunteers Still Needed to sell books!!! Please sign up here: https://www.glebepta.org/volunteer/?sheet_id=32
March 16th 7 pm @ Wakefield High School
Cheer on our fantastic Glebe teachers as the battle the Long Branch Elementary teachers in an epic and friendly basketball battle. Tickets will be sold every morning this week in the lobby! Or buy your ticket ONLINE here: https://www.glebepta.org/events/spring-showdown/
Tickets: Adults $5 / Kids $2
Volunteers Needed: https://www.glebepta.org/volunteer/?sheet_id=34
Glebe Online Spiritwear
Glebers make sure you are wearing your spiritwear for the Spring Showdown! Need new Spriritwear?
no worries! You can order it at our new online store:https://www.glebepta.org/store/
April 21, 6 pm
Here is one of your last chances to make a Family Donation! Donation Deadline is this Friday, March 16th!!
1) You can make a “Family Monetary” donation via https://tinyurl.com/GlebeAuction-RSVP-Contribute
2) Your family can donate items such as: sports tickets, vacation homes, travel miles, host a scrumptious dinner party, services (offer a sewing or music class, yoga party, personal training, massages, art party, host a cooking class), host a costume party or offer a unique experience (take a Glebe student to work with you for the day). For more information or to make a donation online, click on the following site: https://tinyurl.com/GlebeAuction-Donate
You will receive a tax-deductible receipt for your donation once you enter the information in the system. Please contact Erika Hartingh (email@example.com ) or Elizabeth Roman Jones (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions.
Rhyme & Cheese
March 16th Submission Deadline / March 21st 7 pm, Multipurpose Room
Rhyme and Cheese will be held on Wednesday, March 21st from 7 – 8 pm. The submission deadline is Friday, March 16th. Entry forms can be placed in the Rhyme and Cheese Box in the Front Lobby.
Yearbook Sales END on Friday, March 16th! Note: They will NOT be available for purchase at the end of the year – so this is the ONLY time you will be able to purchase them. Cost is $20 and you can purchase online at :
YEARBOOK ID: 1327601
Author Visit for K – 3
Hena Khan will be presenting to grades K – 3 on April 12th in the afternoon. Friday, March 23rd is the last day to order books. See the Glebe website to for the order form: https://www.glebepta.org/author-hena-khan-visits-april-12th-advanced-book-orders-due-friday-march-23/
Any questions, contact our Librarian, Chrissy Frantz at email@example.com
Lost & Found
The Lost and Found is overflowing! Missing something? Come check it out – it’s located in the hallway inside Door #2. Questions, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Have Box Tops? You can turn these in to the collection box in the Front Lobby!
- Please consider bringing in food for our FOOD NOURISHMENT initiative. Cart is in the Front Lobby!
- Have used crayons? Our broken, used crayons are being collected and re-purposed. Just drop them off in the main office collection bin or in your child’s classroom!
- Have Photos? In order to fill those yearbooks we need YOUR PICTURES! Please send high resolution photos to: email@example.com Please include the name of the activity and what grade(s) are represented. If you have a large quantity of photos you can do a direct upload, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions.
Comment/Idea for the Gleagle News?
email us at: email@example.com