Vol. 27 | We Are Glebe! Edition | Mar. 17, 2020
Due to extended school closure, all upcoming PTA events have been canceled or postponed. Information about future events will be sent out as we have it.
Looking for a way to support families in need during the school closure?
If you’d like to contribute to the Glebe Food Pantry to help purchase food or supplies for Glebe families in need of support during the extended closure, you can click HERE Donations given to the Glebe PTA from March 16 until April 14 will be used towards buying gift cards which can be distributed to those who need extra help during this time. Questions? Contact us at email@example.com
Real Food for Kids Rapid Response: Where to Get Meals
Arlington County chef and small business owner, David Guas, of Bayou Bakery, Coffee Bar & Eatery, is partnering with Real Food for Kids to serve free lunches to needy Arlington County children and their families during the closure of the school district. Fruitful Planet will be participating in providing a variety of fruits for the meals to go.
Starting Tuesday, March 17, 2020, between 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM, Guas and Real Food for Kids will be cooking up vegetarian meals for grab-and-go distribution at his Arlington restaurant, Bayou Bakery, located one block from the Courthouse metro. The nourishing New Orleans favorite, Red Beans and Rice, will be served on Tuesday, and each subsequent meal in the initial week of the program will also be a plant-based dish rich in fiber, vitamins, and minerals. In order to be compatible with a broad range of dietary and religious restrictions, only vegetarian options will be served during this first week of school closure. After March 17, we will provide meals each weekday until schools reopen. We will post updates on our Facebook page if we are unable to serve meals due to changing circumstances.
Bayou Bakery is taking all the steps recommended by the CDC, as well as precautionary measures beyond its normally strict health and sanitation practices to give families in need a nutritious meal, made with love —a definite bright spot in anyone’s day.
Needy Arlington children and families can come to Bayou Bakery to pick up a meal, no questions asked.
Bayou Bakery is located at 1515 N Courthouse Rd, Arlington, VA 22201, 703.243.2410
This offering is meant to complement emergency meal distribution by Arlington Public Schools. For information on APS meal distribution visit https://www.apsva.us/coronavirus-covid-19-updates.
- to Rachael Scholtz, Amy LaFalce, Ms. Williams, and Ms. Greene for helping with STEM Night!
- to the amazing Glebe community who donated to the Glebe Food Pantry prior to the school closure!
- Did you know you can buy Glebe Spiritwear online? Every sale contributes to Glebe Elementary School PTA projects and events throughout the year.
- Did you know that you can earn money for Glebe at NO EXTRA COST to you?!? Visit our website for more information on our Free Money Fundraisers, such as linking your Harris Teeter card and Amazon Smile to Glebe Elementary. A percentage of your purchases goes directly to Glebe at NO COST to you!
- We collect Box Tops! You can turn these in to the box in the Front Lobby or scan them with your phone!
- Please bring in food and toiletries for our Glebe Nourishment Center. Cart in the Front Lobby!
- Have used crayons? our The Crayon Initiative takes your broken, used crayons and re-purposes them. Just drop them off in the main office collection bin or in your child’s classroom!
- Want to include an item in the Gleagle News? Just send an email with your updates, events, news and information! The deadline for the coming week’s edition is every Sunday at 7pm.
- Have you checked out our Facebook page? You’ll find lots of posts for upcoming events, photos from school assemblies, and other important information you want as a Glebe parent! Click here and ‘LIKE’ our page!
Need to Reach Us?
For general questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org – Isabel Simmerman
For finance questions, email email@example.com –
For events/activities, email firstname.lastname@example.org – Amy LaFalce
For newsletter/school communications, email email@example.com – Rachel Barish
Other PTA questions? Find out who can help you!