Vol. 21| Good-bye Polar Vortex Edition | February 5, 2019
Upcoming Events February 5th- February 25th
February 6 – PTA Meeting – Glebe Library
February 13 – EARLY RELEASE – dismissal at 1:26 pm
February 18 – NO SCHOOL – Presidents’ Day
February 19 – Dorothy Hamm Middle School PTA Meeting – HB Woodlawn cafeteria
February 25-March 1 – Henry’s Art Drive – Glebe Lobby
February 6, 7 pm – Glebe Library
Presentation on gun safety by Be Smart – www.besmartforkids.org. We’ll have a conversation about kids, guns, and safety. Presented by Everytown for Gun Safety Support Fund.
If you have an agenda item you’d like to discuss at an upcoming meeting, please send it to email@example.com ASAP. We will have child care for all potty trained children during the meeting. Spanish translation will be provided.
Dorothy Hamm Middle School UPDATE
EARLY FEB 2019 – from Lara Johnson, the Publicity Committee Chair
The next Dorothy Hamm Middle School PTA Organizational Meeting will be on Tuesday, February 19, 2019 at 7:00 p.m. in the HB Woodlawn cafeteria.
We will be sharing ideas, reviewing the draft by-laws and updates from the Committee Chairs. You will also be able to join the new PTA – proposed dues for March to June 2019 are $20, please bring cash.
Please note these important dates for your calendar:
· Academic Planning/Course Information Sessions:
§ Rising 6th Grade: Tuesday, February 12, 2019 – 7 pm at H-B Woodlawn
§ Rising 7th & 8th Grade: Wednesday, February 13, 2019 – 7 pm at H-B Woodlawn
Thank you to everyone who attended the Dorothy Hamm Informational PTA Meeting on January 22, as well as to the volunteers leading our Inaugural Committees. Please consider volunteering and reaching out to one of the Committee Chairs.
- DHMS Organizational PTA Meeting Chair: Dan Lyons (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- DHMS Organizational PTA Meeting Secretary: Dena Porter (email@example.com)
- Bylaws Committee Chair: Angela Huskey (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Nominations Committee Chair: Holly Tennant Billy (HollyTBilly@gmail.com)
- Membership Committee Chair: Debbie Pearson (email@example.com)
- Publicity Committee Chair: Lara Johnson (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Hospitality Committee Chair: Madelon Brennan (Brennanm@georgetown.edu)
Please find the Dorothy Hamm MS Informational PTA Meeting Minutes at: Dorothy Hamm MS January 22 Minutes.
Thanks so much and we hope to see you at the next meeting!!
Henry’s Art Drive for Tracy’s Kids Art Therapy Program
Glebe Spring Social & Auction
March 23 – Knights of Columbus
PTA positions – Treasurer open now and next year’s openings
Dear Glebe Community, as the new year begins, perhaps you would like to get more involved in ‘corporate’ side of the PTA? We have several positions open or opening in the next school year. Please consider this opportunity!
2018-19: OPEN POSITION – PTA Treasurer
If you or know of anyone who would like to join our Executive Board and get involved in our school, please let us know! The position will be onboarded smoothly by our current treasurer so a seamless transition is anticipated.
Coming in June, most of our board will be turning over. We are actively looking for the following Board positions for next school year: President, Vice President of Ways & Means, Vice President of Activities & Programs, Corresponding Secretary, Recording Secretary. Please email us at email@example.com or chat with one of us at Glebe.
to Shelly Stoneman for spearheading another successful Food for Others “Power Pack” fundraiser and community service event this past weekend! A couple photos are below but please check out our Facebook page for more…
- Have Box Tops? You can turn these in to the collection box in the Front Lobby!
- Please bring in food and toiletries for our Glebe Nourishment Center. Cart in the Front Lobby!
- Have used crayons? our The Crayon Initiative takes your broken, used crayons and re-purposes them. Just drop them off in the main office collection bin or in your child’s classroom!
Need to Reach Us?
For general questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org – Kristen Johnson
For newsletter/school communications, email email@example.com – Chai Puri
For events/activities, email firstname.lastname@example.org – Lauren Barber
For finance questions, email email@example.com –
Other PTA questions? Find out who can help you!