Volume 25 | Spring Conference Edition | February 27, 2018
Upcoming Events February 27th – March 12th:
February 27th: Last Day to buy auction bands before prices increase!
March 1st, 1:26pm: Early Release Dismissal/ Parent Teacher Conference
March 2nd: No School – – Parent Teacher Conferences
March 2nd: Auction Phone Bank Volunteer
March 2nd: Designs Due for Glebe Spirit Wear Design Contest!
March 7th, 7 pm: PTA meeting, Sibling Rivalry; Glebe Library
March 9th, 8:30 am: Walk, Ride or Roll to School
March 11th, 8 pm: Spring After School Enrichment Registration Opens
March 12th: Book Fair Kicks Off: Glebe Library
Ongoing: Auction Registration – Don’t Miss Out on This Great Night: https://www.studentinfohub.net/GEPTA/public.taf
PTA Meeting – Sibling Rivalry
March 7th at 7pm, Glebe Library
“But they’re hurting each other!”. Sibling fighting, teasing and bickering are some of the biggest frustrations for parents. Learn why children fight and what you can do to help your children become friends and fight less often.
Glebers, Be Creative!
Create a new design for our spiritwear! The winning design will be featured on new spiritwear and you’ll receive $50 to spend in our online store!
*Color, paint or draw whatever comes into your imagination! Please use 8.5 X 11 paper. Submit as many designs as you’d like!
*Bring your designs to the office by March 2nd
*The winning design will be chosen by Eve Rutzen, Glebe Teacher of the Year, and Sushma Gulati, Assistant Teacher of the year!
*See our current designs at glebepta.org/store
Spring Enrichment Opens/ New Members Needed
March 11th, 8 pm
March 12th – 15th, Glebe Library
Update your home bookshelf with a purchase at the annual book fair.
Students will have the opportunity to buy books on Monday, March 12th and Thursday, March 15th during the school day. Lists of books and featured materials will be sent home, to help parents discuss choices with their students. Family shopping hours will be:
- Monday, March 12th: 8:15 – 8:45 am; Students ALSO can purchase during class time
- Tuesday, March 13th: between 5:30-7:30 pm
- Wednesday, March 14th: (early release) between 1:30-3:00 pm
- Thursday, March 15th: Students can purchase during class time from 9:00 – 11:00 am
Cash, credit cards, and checks accepted for payment. Checks should be made out to: Glebe PTA.
Volunteers Needed!!! Please sign up here.
March 16th 7 pm @ Wakefield High School
Save the Date for the epic, yet friendly, basketball game when Glebe Teachers take on Long Branch Elementary. Tickets will go on sale soon!
Glebe Online Spiritwear
Glebers make sure you are wearing your spiritwear for the Spring Showdown! Need new Spriritwear?
no worries! You can order it at our new online store:https://www.glebepta.org/store/
Rhyme & Cheese
March 21st 7 pm, Multipurpose Room
Rhyme and Cheese will be held on Wednesday, March 21st from 7 – 8 pm. The submission deadline is Friday, March 16th. Entry forms will go out this week and can be placed in the Rhyme and Cheese Box in the Front Lobby.
- Have Box Tops? You can turn these in to the collection box in the Front Lobby!
- Please consider bringing in food for our FOOD NOURISHMENT initiative. Cart is in the Front Lobby!
- Have used crayons? Our broken, used crayons are being collected and re-purposed. Just drop them off in the main office collection bin or in your child’s classroom!
- Have Photos? In order to fill those yearbooks we need YOUR PICTURES! Please send high resolution photos to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please include the name of the activity and what grade(s) are represented. If you have a large quantity of photos you can do a direct upload, contact email@example.com for instructions.
- Purchase your Yearbook ONLINE here: http://www.ybpay.lifetouch.com YEARBOOK ID: 13276018
- Shop for SPIRITWEAR anytime ONLINE: https://www.glebepta.org/store/
- Cornelia Lesh and Marybeth Sancho for encouraging our kids to walk, bike and ride in sun, rain and wind!
- Multicultural Night was an amazing night thanks to these incredible volunteers who set up culture displays, had coloring pages for kids, tasty treats to try, beautiful cloths from their represented country, flags and more. It was fabulous. A special thanks to Sarah Bogdanovich for organizing and Christina Headrick for all of the signage and those amazing passports! Thank you to these incredible teachers and families who hosted tables and volunteered their time to make this event possible: Lynn Westergren, Sandra Grijalva, Guadalupe Rodas, Bertha, Kirryn Hodda, Cindy Brady, Isabel Simmerman, Vanessa Nolasco, Feven Woldu, Ben Fouchard, Jason and Shelly Stoneman, Stephen Gyor, Michael and Laura Fox, Rashmi Agarwal, Enjoli Goyal, Shareen Joshi, Sonia Kamboh, Kaya Ikuma, Mindy Zimmerman, Rima Matsumoto, Stephanie Vogt, Erika Verbeyte, Lina, Jack Mayo, Rozita Mayo, Tanya Brennan, Sabina Beg, Erika Hartingh, Frances McLaughlin, Allison Thomas, Grace Ann Bourne, Irina Stefureac, Michaela Herndon, Monica Irvine, Weeraya Fouchard, Zehra Arici, Claire Bates, Cathleen Ax, Mai Lee, Melanie Kapinos, Crista Cueto, Liz Newman, Jennifer Meder, Beth Jackson, Jessica Burke, Beronica Salas, Erin Grimes, Laura Harrington, Lauren Barber and Colleen Holland. Thank you to Colleen Calhoun, Manuel Hernandez, Ramon Meija, Dennis Abet, Ana Aleman and Andrew Aquah for all of their help; we couldn’t have had a successful MCN without you.
Comment/Idea for the Gleagle News?
email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org