Volume 15 | It Snowed Already! Edition | December 12, 2017
December 12th – December 21st
December 10th – 14th: Winter Enrichment Registration Ongoing
December 14th, 8 pm: Winter Enrichment Registration Closes
December 15th: BFF Walk, Ride, or Roll to School
December 15th: Stars for the Holidays Gifts DUE, Beronica Salas Office
December 20th, 8 AM: Cookies for Teachers, Teachers Lobby, 2nd Floor
December 21st: Last Day of School before Winter Break
After School Enrichment Registration
Sunday, December 10th – Thursday, December 14th
Glebe Elementary School has an after-school enrichment program which coordinates various classes for a fee. These 8-week classes are offered in the fall, winter, and spring. The coordinators identify classes for the program; work with vendors and Glebe teachers; facilitate the scholarship program; and monitor the first week of classes. Scholarships for after-school classes are available to students eligible for the lunch program.
Registration for the Winter 2018 Enrichment session will open on Sunday, December 10th, at 8 PM. For questions about registration, please contact Jessica Burke (email).
Stars for the Holidays
Friday, December 15th
This year, 55 families Glebe families in need were identified and provided with Thanksgiving dinners and turkeys. In order to make their December holidays happier, we have Holiday Stars again. As you may recall, each Star is printed with a child’s age, gender, and gift request. We try to provide every Glebe student and their siblings with gifts and you can help by choosing a Star (or Stars!) and purchasing the gift written on the back of the Star. If you would like to help, Stars are available in Beronica Salas’ office; please drop by and take one. All gifts must be wrapped with the Star securely fastened and returned to Beronica’s office by Friday, December 15th.
Holiday Cookies for Teachers
December 20th @ 8am
Calling all bakers! Let’s show our teachers and staff how much we appreciate them by showering them with holiday cookies. Please consider baking a batch or two of cookies or other goodies and bringing your treats to the Glebe Elementary School Teachers’ Lounge (second floor) on Wednesday, December 20, between 8 and 9 am.
Our Glebe staff will be able to take home an assortment of goodies in festive containers. We have A LOT of faculty members at Glebe, so we need A LOT of goodies! (We’re hoping for 100 dozen items!)
If you are interested in baking, you can sign up here: https://www.glebepta.org/volunteer/hospitality/
Congratulations to the BFF Prize Winners!
Our BFF “Be Your Body’s Friend Forever” Prize Winners: Kaja, Diana, Griffin & Annika! GO GLEBE! Keep walking, biking or scootering to school. Being active helps your heart & brain stay healthy!
Thank you’s to these incredible parents!
- Lisa Freeman, Mary Beth Sancho, Greg Blaisdell, Tara Blankinship, Lauren Barber, Gillian Patrick, Catherine Burke, Monica Aquino-Thieman, Heidi Soule, Becca Herndon, Kristen Van Haaren, Sarah Alex, Beth Brundage, Jillian Carl, Heather Jones, Christa Cole, Lily E, Irina Stefureac, Beth Feldpush, Toni Buranen, Rebecca Vandall, Karen Suga, Paul Waltrup, Shonna Waters, Cathleen Ax and Miriam Reed. (Shareplay 2nd Grade Bake Sale)
- Elaine Maag, Tara Blankinship, Julie Madison, Alexis Johnson, Urga Azat, Kay Bailey, Branka Bell, Herman Chen, Christina Headrick, Lisa Freeman, Karina Sandoval-Nunez, Ann Seits, Jennifer Shoji, Pantea Stevenson, Erika Veberyte, Jose Nunez, Colleen Yushchak, April Anderson, Barbara Hagenbaugh, Kameran Onley, Laura South and Trygve Olson. (Theater Production – Tail of a Trickster)
- Cornelia Lesh and Mary Beth Sancho (Walk, Bike, Scoot-BFF committee)
- Drop off your Box Tops in the lobby!
- Glebe Nourishment always needs food. Please drop off in the lobby!
- Broken crayons at home? Drop them off in your child’s class and have them recycled!
Comment/Idea for the Gleagle News?
email us at: email@example.com