Volume 32 | Celebrate the Earth! Edition | April 24, 2018
Upcoming Events April 24th – May 7th:
April 26th, 7 pm: Rhyme & Cheese, Multipurpose Room
April 27th, 8:30 am: Walk, Ride or Roll to School
May 2nd, 7pm: PTA Meeting, Glebe Library
May 4th, 8:30 am: Walk, Ride or Roll to School
May 5th, 7:30am: Glebe 5K and Fun Run, Woodlawn Park
May 7th: Teacher Appreciation Week Begins
Rhyme & Cheese – RESCHEDULED
April 26th 7 pm, Multipurpose Room
Please show your support for the participants and bring your family to Rhyme & Cheese Night on Thursday, April 26th from 7 to 8pm in the Glebe multi-purpose room! If you signed your child up and haven’t heard from Julie Madison and/or Frances McLaughlin, please email them.
Arbor Day Celebration
April 27th, 10 AM
Glebe has been selected to receive a tree that will be planted at Glebe at 10 am on the Glebe lawn. Students will be reading poems and singing songs to celebrate. Parents, Grandparents, Friends and families are invited to bring a blanket and join us on the lawn to celebrate in this event!
May 2nd 7 pm, Glebe Library
This month’s topic is on “Raising Responsible Children.” You can’t make a child be responsible, but you can provide plenty of opportunities for learning how. Discover new ways to encourage responsible behavior in your children as you lay the groundwork for successful adulthood.
Free childcare is provided (for potty-trained kids) and Spanish translation services are available.
Glebe 5K / Fun Run
May 5th, 7:30 am
*T shirts only guaranteed if registered by Monday, April 23
Questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
THIS RACE POWERED BY DC ROADRUNNERS
- Thank you to each and every parent, Glebe teacher and staff for supporting our incredible social and auction. There will be more to come in the days ahead about our auction and our super volunteers.
- Thank you to every parent who brought a blanket and/or fruit to their child’s class so everyone had a special snack and a place to sit to celebrate our lovely planet. Thanks to our fantastic room parents for making sure parents knew about this celebration. Special shout out to Missy Heinzer and Lauren Barber for making sure room parents had the information to give to each room parent.
- Have Box Tops? You can turn these in to the collection box in the Front Lobby!
- Please consider bringing in food for our FOOD NOURISHMENT initiative. Cart is in the Front Lobby!
- Have used crayons? Our broken, used crayons are being collected and re-purposed. Just drop them off in the main office collection bin or in your child’s classroom!
Comment/Idea for the Gleagle News?
email us at: email@example.com