Vol. 3 | Glebe Director Edition | Sept. 22, 2020
Sept. 30 – Opt-in Deadline for Glebe PTA Directory
Oct. 13 – Virtual PTA Meeting, 7pm (online)
Glebe Directory Update
The Glebe PTA Directory is live. For more information and instructions, or, if you have not yet opted into the Directory, FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS HERE.
Please opt in by September 30, 2020, if you would like your family’s information included. Don’t miss this opportunity to connect with other Glebe families — opt in today!
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Glebe Little Free Library Cabinet
Encourage your child’s reading by masking up and visiting the Glebe Little Free Library Cabinet, outside the front door entrance to Glebe. New books have been added, and thanks to Courtney Markle’s work, they have been organized and shelved to help your reader make a great choice. If you have elementary student appropriate books to donate, please email Courtney Markle. Due to Covid guidelines, please do not put books on the shelf. Happy reading!
Project Headphones: Headphones are an essential item to make virtual learning a successful experience for all APS families. However, headphones are by far the most expensive item on supply lists spanning all grades. Project Headphones’ mission is to ensure that ALL APS students have access to this essential item. Check out Project Headphones’ fundraising page and please consider donating. https://gf.me/u/yk5cuy. (Note: Project Headphones is not affiliated with the Glebe PTA).
Grab & Go Library Book Distribution is LIVE!
The Glebe Library will have a Grab & Go Book Checkout to get books to students this fall. Here are details:
- Put book holds in to Destiny Discover by Thursday evenings
- Pick up books on Mondays, 2-4 pm
- Start Date – Start putting holds the week of September 14
- Next Pick Up Date – Monday, September 28, 2-4 pm
- Location – Front of Glebe
Click here for a video tutorial on accessing the Destiny Discover catalog and putting books on hold.
Click here to get a Grab & Go Book Flyer for easy reference!
Please click here to go to the Glebe Library webpage for more details.
More questions? Email our librarian, Kristin Wine at Kristin.email@example.com
*As a reminder, kids can also take books from the book cabinet in front of Glebe.
If you’re looking for the latest information on return-to-school planning, resources to assist with online school, or how to access meals, please visit the APS webpage. There are frequent updates and also ways to share your questions and input with our superintendent, Dr. Francisco Duran, and members of the school board.
Volunteers for 2020-21 School Year are Needed!
Volunteers Needed to Serve as Virtual Room Parents: We may be apart, but Glebe is still together in spirit. Help your child’s teachers and bring people together by serving as a room parent this year. Contact Room Parent Coordinators Sari Greene (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Kristen Hand (email@example.com) for more information or to volunteer.
We also have an immediate need for parents to support the Community Service Committee and the Enrichment Committee. If you are interested, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- To the Glebe administration, staff, and teachers for an excellent first week of school!
- To the Glebe PTA Enrichment Committee for putting together an excellent virtual enrichment program!
- To Courtney Markle for updating, stocking, and organizing the book cabinet in front of Glebe!
- Don’t forget to link your Harris Teeter card and Amazon Smile to Glebe Elementary! A percentage of your purchases goes directly to Glebe and at NO COST to you!
- Have you checked out our Facebook page? You’ll find lots of important information you want as a Glebe parent! Click here and ‘LIKE’ our page!
Need to Reach Us?
- For general questions, email email@example.com – Isabel Simmerman
- For finance questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org –
- For events/activities, email email@example.com – Amy LaFalce
- For newsletter/school communications, email firstname.lastname@example.org – Liz Newman
- Other PTA questions? Find out who can help you!